Sunday, August 23, 2009

What kind of hub do I need to add more computers to my cable modem connection?

I currently have two IP addresses from my cable company. they say that is the maximum I can have. My neighbor has five computers hooked to his cable modem. He said his brother in-law did it with a certain type of HUB. The problem is the hub is in his attic so we can't get to it with out moving a ton of stuff to see what kind it is, but it makes so he can use all five computers on high speed and only use one ip address. Is this possible or is he full of crap?



What kind of hub do I need to add more computers to my cable modem connection?abtuvurys 2005



get a linksys, no problem



What kind of hub do I need to add more computers to my cable modem connection?antivirus programs



providing you have an ethernet/lan port on your modem and computer any ethernet lan will do. so a basic router would probably be best as opposed to a hub.



your existing modem is either connected via LAN/Ethernet, USB or Wi-Fi to your existing PCs. if your modem only connects via USB and your PC has an ethernet/LAn port then you can use a wired router to connect your additional PCs to both your existing primary pc and the internet. with the route you can get Wi-Fi built in see www.dabs.com in the uk for more information on the parts you need

No comments:

Post a Comment