Sunday, August 23, 2009

Is it weird that my family and I name our computers?

(it does make sense! it's so i can tell them apart when we're discussing them)



And whats your computers name?



The computer im using right now is named by my brother, her name's leela. It looks better not capitalized, even though its a name.



Is it weird that my family and I name our computers?virus scan



yes



Is it weird that my family and I name our computers?anti virus scan



Yes that is real weird. My computer doesn't have a name.
Once upon a time, people used to name their cars. Don't see anything different from that and naming a computer.
Yeah, thats a little weird.
makes it easier to tell them apart, when you have more than one in a household!
i named my computer Dell.
Yes that is weird.
No I dont but that is different
Not any weirder than people naming their body parts...I don`t have a name for either.
not the strangest thing I've ever heard...but no, I don't.
nope...i name EVERYTHING!!!
Mine is normally just named piecey
I don't think it's weird...I named mine...but I have a story behind it also.



My original computer started as a bunch of odd parts, some new but most of them used. I scavenged the case, a CD drive and some other parts from a computer that my brother used to own. As the story goes, my brother was in his home when an accident outside brought a electric pole down to the ground and his house was subjected to over 7000 volts of electricity, blowing up just about every electrical appliance, light bulb and wall socket in the house. The house was condemned by the insurance company and all his stuff was covered, including his fried 'puter. Anyways, I took some of the salvageable parts and Incorporated them into my first "homegrown" computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment