Friday, August 21, 2009

Have a cable modem, hub and two computers with NIC; need to share the internet connection, how do I

I have a high speed cable modem connected to a 8 port hub and I have two computers with NIC;



How do I share the internet connection?



Have a cable modem, hub and two computers with NIC; need to share the internet connection, how do I do it?computer protection



It depends. If your provider will allow multiple computers and provide addresses through DHCP, then just hook everything into the hub.



But, if your provider restricts the number of computers, then you need a router or firewall that will do NAT/PAT.



Have a cable modem, hub and two computers with NIC; need to share the internet connection, how do I do it?free antivirus download



after the modem, plug-in the hub, you can use any port on the hub for that, then connect the 2 computers to the hub.
you have to use router. hub wont work here.



cable modem gives only 1 IP address.

No comments:

Post a Comment