Friday, August 21, 2009

Can you setup Outlook on 2 different computers for the same account?

I have a laptop and I wanted to get my emails on the laptop like I do on my desktop through Outlook but I can't. Is it even possible to have outlook open for the same account on 2 different computers?



Can you setup Outlook on 2 different computers for the same account?internet security software



Yes, you can have outlook on two computers set up for the same account.



I am going to assume you are using POP mail, not a company server since that set up would always just mimic the exchange server.



The important thing is that you want both instances of Outlook to leave a copy of the message on the server otherwise you will only see it on once computer, not the other.



You can clean up the server manually or configure Outlook to do it for you.



For Outlook 2003:



Tools



Email Accounts



View or Change Existing



Next



More settings



Advanced tab - Under delivery select "Leave a copy of messages on the server"



You can also modify settings for when (if ever) you want Outlook to delete the messages from the server.



Now both computers will get all emails. You will still only see Sent mail on the computer it was sent from.



I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment