Friday, August 21, 2009

How to share files on 2 different computers?

I have a desktop running Xp home and a laptop running vista home. Am using a linksys router, the desktop is connected directly into the router and the laptop is connected wirelessly. I am trying to find out how to be able to share files between the 2 computers. I would love to be able to play the music I have saved on desktop with my laptop without having to store the files on my laptop.



How to share files on 2 different computers?free spyware remobal



You could look into getting a network storage device. These act as external routers but are connected directly to your router instead of being connected to a computer. Usually if an extrernal drive is connected to a computer it requires that the computer be on in order to share files. These network storage drives only require the router to be turned on.



You can look around for different prices but this is what I have hooked up in my house. With this unit I have 4 computers plus my PS3 all sharing one location for music and photos. Only the computer that I'm using at the moment needs to be turned on since the drive is connected to the router.



How to share files on 2 different computers?kawasaki



Here is a guide to set this up with pictures! Hope this helps you out , good luck!!!



http://www.windowsnetworking.com/article...
look for something like, my network places or neighborhood or something like that on the start menu and click on that. there should be folders where you can save shared files that you can access from any computer on your network but the other computer will have to be on also to access them
I not really sure if Windows Vista Home really supports LAN networking. You can always try using bluetooth connection between your computers. You will need two usb bluetooth device.
See the source doc for walkthruough

No comments:

Post a Comment