Friday, August 21, 2009

How can I make a cd restore disk for my homemade Windows XP computer like the store computers have?

Store bought computers come with a bootable restore cd for putting the computer back to original factory condition. How can I make on of these for my homebuilt pc? I have a cd burner in it. I just installed windows and got it just the way I want it. I would like to be able to go back to this by booting off of a cd.



How can I make a cd restore disk for my homemade Windows XP computer like the store computers have?download



What you want is an image of your hard disk. Buy Norton Ghost. Check the link below. Download trial copy and see if you like it.



Why don't you use the Restore function that creates a restore partition? It comes with XP.



How can I make a cd restore disk for my homemade Windows XP computer like the store computers have?hijackthis



Awesome. Glad I could help. ;) Report It


There is software available to do that. I've found some work well and some are buggy. It's been a long time since I've used such programs. My system would use too many disks for a full backup.



Alternatively, You could add a second hard drive to your system and use Windows Backup to make a full restore set for your computer and store it on the second drive. Windows Backup won't write to optical disks.



When you need to restore your system, you pop in the Windows CD, hit F2 when prompted and your computer will be restored to exactly how it was when you performed the backup. Sometimes my drive letters get rearranged and I have to put them back the way they were before to make some programs run right.

No comments:

Post a Comment