Sunday, August 23, 2009

Can I set up my printer to my Verizon Fios router to be shared with computers on my wireless network

I have 3 computers. 1 desktop and 2 laptops. My desktop is not always on my my kids are always on their laptops. The like to print stuff and i always have to turn my computer on for them to do it. is there any way to hook up my printer straight to the router so they can print things without my computer being on? i would also like my computer to still be able to use the printer



Can I set up my printer to my Verizon Fios router to be shared with computers on my wireless network?antivirus



It depends on what kind of router that you have. If possible, just directly connect the printer via USB to the router, or if your printer can handle it, directly link an ethernet cable from the printer into the router. Your internet connection doesn't affect it at all, it's just all about the printer. You might also consider faxing everything your printer, and then the printer will just print it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment